We are thrilled to launch Elemental Recycled Products! A little over a year ago, I left my job in corporate America and started learning everything I could about the recycling industry. Along the way, I met Stephanie who became my sherpa through this brave new world. As I learned more about the recycling industry, 2 facts stood out to me:
- Only a small percentage of waste that can be recycled is recycled.
- It’s not economically advantageous for companies to invest in using more recycled input in their products.
I wanted to launch a company that would attack these 2 problems head on and thus, Elemental was born. A few guiding principles have focused our efforts as we worked towards this launch:
- Convenience Matters. It’s a busy world and everyone can use a hand getting everyday tasks completed. With our subscription services and streamlined website, we can help ensure you never have to worry about running out of toilet paper (and more products in the future) again!
- Design Matters. We love good design and are inspired every time we see it in the world. Most toilet paper brands, especially environmentally friendly brands, are boring and mundane. We teamed up with some of Nashville’s best designers to create a brand that is clean, simple and awesome. We hope it brings a moment of delight every time you see a package from Elemental.
- Local Matters. Everything about our products, from the paper itself to the packaging and shipping containers is made in the USA. Not only does this support local economies and create local jobs, it also significantly reduces the carbon footprint associated with bringing our products to your door.
- Recycling Matters. Recycling is one of the simplest things we can do to limit the flow of waste into landfills and increase the amount of land preserved in a natural state. Although there are other recycled goods companies on the market, none focuses on evangelizing the benefits of recycling as loud or as proud as the earth deserves.
We are confident these principles have led to a great product that will simplify your life and that you will enjoy using. As we grow our business, we are committed to giving back. A percentage of every Elemental sale will go to (a) educating kids about the benefits of recycling and (b) preserving land for everyone to enjoy.
Buying toilet paper is a small choice, but if many people take small steps to a more sustainable world, we can make a big impact. By making great products from recycled materials, promoting recycling and the use of recycled material and using our business to support like minded causes, Elemental will do its part help us all help our planet.
Steve Poleskey, Founder, Elemental Recycled Products